Saturday 25 January 2014

Turtle friend - late birthday card

I realised the other day that I missed a friend's birthday, so I wanted to make a card quickly and also play on the theme of being late. This adorable little turtle friend is from the Stampin' Up Fox and Friends stamp set and I think he is perfect for a late Birthday Card.

I stamped my little turtle friend on Pistachio Pudding cardstock using Pistachio Pudding ink. I also stamped him onto white cardstock, and cut it out in the shape of a circle. I fussycut the scalloped circle in Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. I used the Hobbycraft alphabet stamp to stamp the "Sorry I'm late" sentiment and cut the banner in Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock. I stamped the "Happy Big Day" sentiment from the Chalk Talk stamp set onto white carstock and fussycut it using scissors. I also cut a slightly bigger banner in Crisp Cantaloupe. Then it was just all about assembling it all onto Kraft cardstock and adding the little ribbon and bow. Hopefully my friend will be charmed by the cute little turtle and will forgive me for the card being late.

Colours: Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe (inks and cardstock)
Stamps: Stampin' Up Fox and Friends, Chalk Talk, Hobbycraft Clear Stamps Typewriter Alphabet
Cardstock: Stampin' Up Pistachio Pudding and Crisp Cantaloupe, Hobbycraft white 160 gsm cardstock, Kraft card
Other: green ribbon from my stash

No comments: