Friday 4 July 2014

Purple flower shop thank you


I got into the whole colouring onto kraft when I made this card using the So Very Grateful stamp set a while back. My inspiration for today's card was this card from Mel Sharp that I happened upon when perusing Pinterest as well as this week's Colour Me... challenge which is monochromatic Blackberry Bliss. My wish list for the new Stampin' Up cattie was so long that the new in colours didn't make this round, so I don't have Blackberry Bliss yet (and I'm not sure if I really like some of the new colours, still undecided if I want to jump on the 2014-2016 bandwagon or not), but I do have Rich Razzleberry so I went with that. I'm also entering this in this week's Pink Elephant Challenge, which is anything goes.


All in all, this was a rather simple card. I stamped the flowers onto kraft using  embossing ink and heat embossed using white embossing powder. I then coloured the flowers using a Stampin Write marker in Rich Razzleberry. I also stamped and heat embossed the background for the sentiment using a stamp from Chalk Talk and die cut using the matching dies. The sentiment is also heat embossed in white and fussy cut using scissors. Then it was just about assembling everything.

Cardstock: Kraft card, Coloured kraft card 240 gsm purple grape, Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Flower Shop, Pretty Petites, Chalk Talk
Inks: Tim Holtz distress embossing ink, Stampin' Write Marker in Rich Razzleberry
Other: Papermania Seafoam White embossing powder, Stampin' Up Chalk Talk dies

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous job, love the purple paired with kraft! Thank you so much for taking the time to play along with us this week at Colour Me...! We sure hope to see you around again soon :)

anja curvers said...

Wow purple and kraft go well together and those white touches. Glad you joined colour me card challenge.

Carrie Rhoades said...

I love this color combination!!! Great pairing with purple!