Tuesday 30 September 2014

Holly Jolly Challenge - Anything Goes


I'm so excited about today's card as it's my first on the DT for the Holly Jolly Christmas challenge. The theme for the new challenge, which runs for two weeks, is Anything Goes. As long as it's about Christmas, share it with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge! The sponsors of this week's challenge are Di's Digis and Bugaboo stamps so great prizes await the challenge winner.




I made my card using one of Bugaboo's funny Christmas stamps called Santa Died. Stella is just so much fun and I had a great time colouring her. I know exactly who I will be sending this card to! One more reason I'm so excited about my DT assignment is that I get to play with digi stamps which I haven't done very much in the past, and I get to work on my colouring skills. Here I used Copics to colour the image, and matted it onto some Christmassy designer paper. I thought a bit of glitter would be appropriate for the occasion so I used a die to cut out the bauble from blue glitter paper and added some stickles to the Christmas tree ornaments and around the panels. I'm entering the card in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Everything goes this week and the ABC Christmas challenge where S is for Something Festive as I think the Stickles and blue shimmery bauble are very festive (and S is for Stella as well!) and Completely Christmas and Christmas Card Challenges where Anything goes as well.



Cardstock: Craft UK kraft card, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, blue glitter paper from my stash
Paper: Dovecraft Merry Magic 8x8 designer paper pack, coloured 240 gsm kraft card chocolate
Stamp: Digistamp Bugaboo Santa Died
Colouring: Copics B00, B04, B06, E34, E39, R20, R24, R43, R46, Y13, Y15, Y19, YG11, YG13, YG17
Other: Ranger Ice stickles Crystal Ice, Stampin' Up Ornament Keepsakes dies, blue ribbon from my stash

8 comments:

Chris Dring said...

I can't love this card enough! LOL! Gotta love a snarky Stella Christmas card!

Hazel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hazel said...

Thank you so much for entering our Completely Christmas challenge 31 with your lovely crafting - we hope we'll see you again soon, Hazel, DT - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Annette said...

Hahahaha, LOVE LOVE LOVE that sentiment!!! Fab image too honey. Great card.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
As You Like It,
The Stamp Basket,
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
ABC Christmas, and
Crafty Little Fairies.


Cindy van Oorschot said...

Hi Karola, wonderful card and you are a welcome addition to our team, hope you enjoy it.
Cindy

Jo Nevill said...

Great card, very funny image
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Donna B. said...

Very funny Christmas card. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges this week.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Funny! Cute! Thanks for joining Christmas Card Challenges! Karen N {DT}