Saturday 13 September 2014

Yellow and purple birthday flowers


Saturday morning is usually one of my most productive times in the craft room. Today however an early morning loaf of bread upset my routine, and therefore I almost didn't manage this post. Two days in a row when I have struggled with getting a photo of my card as the sun is setting earlier and earlier. You think I would have learned, but no... Today's card is inspired by the current Viva La Verve sketch and a truly stunning colour combo from Colour Q challenges. 


Unfortunatley I don't have any of the new STampin' Up colours, so I had to make some substitutions. I used Rich Razzleberry instead of Blackberry Bliss, Smoky Slate instead of Going Gray, and Daffodil Delight instead of Hello Honey. Unfortunately Daffodil Delight and So Saffron are quite similar, so it's hard to see from the photo that there are two different yellows in the card. 

Card: Leonardo Stationery 350 gsm Smooth White card, silver grey cardstock from my stash, Stampin' Up Rich Razzleberry and Daffodil Deligth card, Hobbycraft 160 gms white card
Stamps: Verve Surely Goodness
Inks: Stampin' Up Basic Grey, Stampin' Markers in Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Salte, Daffodil Delight and So Saffron
Other: Stampin' Up Basic Adhesive Gems

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment!! So glad you got in some crafting time today and linked this beauty up at the ColourQ!! I can see your yellow color difference in the first photo, pretty design. So happy you could play along this week, enjoy your weekend!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along!

Amy White said...

What a great background you've created with these colours! Thanks for playing along with the ColourQ this week!