Sunday 19 October 2014

Metallic Christmas ornaments


My post today is a bit late as I was away all day yesterday watching a bunch of men drive round and round and round on motorbikes (hence my remote crafting office set up in our car you might have seen a picture of if you follow me on Facebook) and didn't get around to schedule today's post. Apparently sitting in a car watching Great British Bakeoff Masterclass and colouring flowers is so exhausting that I managed to fall asleep on the sofa around 8 pm yesterday, and after dragging myself to bed slept all the way through to 8 am, a full 12 hours of sleep. Very uncharacteristic of me, but I guess my body needed it. But now I'm back to crafting, and for today's card I have used the amazingly beautiful inspiration picture over at Stampin' Royalty. I just love the colours in the picture. For the layout I used the sketch over a Viva La Verve, which I thought was absolutely fabulous as usual. 




I used Centura Pearl Bronze paper for the background and as it went through the BigShot for embossing it did get a slightly distressed look. I die cut the Christmas ornaments from gold paper from my stash, Centura Pearl Copper paper and orange card which I heat embossed with holographic embossing powder. Sadly I don't have any banner stamps, so I created the banner and sentiment using PowerPoint and printed onto the same Bronze cardstock that I used for the background. Finally I attached everything onto a cardbase made from the Copper card. Very quick and easy. 

Card: Centura Pearl Copper and Bronze, Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie, a leftover scrap of gold card from my stash
Other: Stampin' Up Holiday Ornaments framelits, Vinage Wallpaper embossing folder, Papermania Holographic embossing powder

No comments: