Sunday 21 December 2014

Reindeer cards


Not many days left to display my remaining Christmas crafty projects! I'm rather behind with my blogging as I have been so busy enjoying my Christmas holiday and seeing friends and family. Yesterday I came back "home" to my Mum's after celebrating one of my best friend's PhD. In Finland it's a great big celebration with a formal three course sit down dinner in evening gowns and tailcoats for the people who have been involved in the work of the PhD candidate followed by a great big all night party for all colleagues and friends. He was the last of our "old group" of colleagues to get his PhD and it was so bittersweet to see all my old colleagues for what is most likely the last time, all together having fun. But I also realised I am starting to get a bit too old to party all night as I felt like hell unleashed when I woke up at 10:30 am after about four hours of sleep, and had to get ready to check out of our hotel room. To balance it all out, I slept 12 hours last night.

But on to the reason we are here today. The theme for our Secret Santa at work this year was "Something home made". I decided to make a little Christmas first aid kit. A home made gift bag, some gift tags and Christmas cards. All with cute reindeer images from Bugaboo. 

The first part of my gift kit was published as part of my DT assignment for Holly Jolly recently, you can find them here. So in addition to the gift bag and tags, I wanted to make a few cards with envelopes. I used the same reindeer image that I used for the gift bag, coloured it with Copics and matted on alternating white and red card. I kept the cards very simple, just added a little touch of glitter and a few snowflakes for embellishment. 

I stamped the sentiment inside the card along with a few sprigs of holly. I made two envelopes to match the cards as they were a bit smaller than regular cards, so the regular envelopes I usually use would have been too big. I think together they made a nice little kit for Christmas gift giving and greeting needs.





I also made another card with the same reindeer digi stamp with a Swedish sentiment (not for the Secret Santa gift, but as I'm running out of days to publish my remaining Christmas cards, I thought it would fit in here as it's the same image).


I'm entering the following challenges:
Card and Scrap - Christmas or New Year
Connie Can Crop - Inspired by a Carol (Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer)
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - Anything Goes as long as it's Christmas
Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge - December
Sparkles Monthly Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
A Crafty Mess - Traditional Christmas colours
Chocolate, Coffee and Cards - Christmas
Bugaboo Catch the Bug - Christmas Bingo (Bugaboo image, snowflakes, bling)
Completely Christmas - Add your own twist (my choice is reindeer, not only on my card but that's what we are having for dinner today as well!!)
Digitally Sweet - Anything goes with a twist - snowflakes

Card: Stampin' Up Real Red, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card, silver cardstock from my stash, Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm card, coloured kraft card 240 gsm chocolate
Stamps: Bugaboo digi stamp Reindeer Christmas Goodies, Papermania 12 days of Christmas Word Banners, Lawn Fawn Joy to the Woods
Ink: Stampin' Up Real Red, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Colouring: C1, E34, E39, R24, R43, R46, RV34, YG11, YG13, YG17, Y11, Y13, Y15
Paper: Dovecraft Merry Magic 8x8 Designer Paper Pack
Other: Ranger Ice Stickles, All Occasions Snowflake dies

7 comments:

Jytte said...

So sweet christmascards!

Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

Jytte, DT :)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely cards fab image and your envelopes are cute too. Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

chanya13 said...

Beautiful !!! Love colours and image. Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffe & Cards Challenges!!! I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka DT
Merry Christmas :)

Hazel said...

Thank you for entering my CHNC challenge extra for December and my Patterned Paper December challenge with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon x

Vickie Y said...

Adorable image and card; thank you for sharing with us at Sparkles Monthly Challenge

Connie Can Crop said...

Love the reindeer. Your cards are so cute and make me smile. So did you story! Lol! Thanks for joining my December challenge. Scrappy hugs, Connie can crop

Rebecca said...

Hi such a cute reindeer! I love how its plain and simple but yet still effective! Thanks for joining us at Sparkles, hope to see you again soon!

Love From Rebecca xx