Thursday 22 January 2015

Valentine's chocolates


Well, who would have thought, but we are already on the better side of January. Time flies when you are freezing your bottom off, that's what they say, right? From a cardmaker's point of view, after the big push for Christmas, there's a month and a half until the hearts and pink stuff come out for the chocolate holiday. I'm not a huge fan of V-day, but when I saw Stella I thought finally someone who understands how I feel about Valentine's. And I bet my bottom one of my best friends feels the same way, which is why I made her this card. This digi is actually part of a bunch I won a while ago over at the Bugaboo challenge, I was like a kid in a candy store picking my prize digis.

I coloured the image with Copics, and inked the edges with distress ink. I matted the digi onto pink cardstock with an edge punched with my heart border punch and inked around the edges of the pink cardstock. For the background I used a heart pattern paper from Stampin' Up which was again matted onto pink card.

I am linking up with the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday
Crafty Creations - Something old and something new (old - heart paper, new - digi)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Have a Heart
The Pink Elephant Challenge - Love

Card: Kraft card, Coloured 240 gsm kraft card Baby Pink, Hobbycraft 160 gsm white card
Stamp: Bugaboo Frame It - Stella Valentine's Day
Paper: Stampin' Up More Amore
Colouring: Copics B00, E29, E33, E43, R20, R24, R46, V04, V93, V95, V99, Y13, Y15, Y19, YR000, YR00
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress ink Worn Lipstick
Other: Heart Border punch

5 comments:

Karen M said...

Love your fun valentine's card! Thank you so much for joining us this week at ATSM:) xx

Rahmat said...

Funny sentiment, great card. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Dana said...

Wow!! I LOVE your coloring and the sentiment is hilarious!!!!

Lee-Anne said...

LOL...what a fun card! So happy you could join us at ATS&M!

Teresa Kline said...

cute card, such a fun sentiment and image! so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

add a little glimmer to your life....sparkle & shine! *~*