Monday 2 February 2015

Lots of weird things


This card contains several things that are very strange for me, which I don't use very much. I don't use much of orange, it's a very difficult colour for me. I also almost never use buttons, they make cards difficult to post, and just don't feel... well... right. However, I was very inspired by the challenge over at The Friday Mashup which involved a sketch and to use two different embellishments. I hardly every use any, or if I do, it's almost always gems. So this time I thought I would go "overboard" and use not one, not two but three embellishments. But somehow the style of the card still feels quite clean and simple, so I like it despite all the weird stuff on it. One reason I like it so much is the amazing colour combo over at Colour Me...! The colours are so bright and go really well together to my big surprise. 



I would also like to link up over at CASE-ing the Catty, where the theme this week is to use a new DSP. I love the cool new Irresistibly Yours DSP and have used it already with markers and with my cool new Tim Holtz spritzer tool. This time I thought I would use distress inks, and was inspired by the image on page 14 of the SALE-a-bration cattie. It's such a super versatile DSP. I am also linking up over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous where the theme is to choose your challenge by picking from different categories. I picked ink for colouring medium, twine for fiber, stamping and die cutting for technique, embossing for texture and buttons and bling for embellishments.


Inspiration picture from page 14 of the
Stampin' Up Sale-a-bration catalogue.
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge
Card: Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay and Rich Razzleberry card, Leonardo Stationery 300 gsm card
DSP: Stampin' Up Irresistibly Yours 
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Inks Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers, Seedless Preserves and Spiced Marmalade
Stamps: Stampin' Up Four Feathers and dies, Just Sayin'
Other: Yellow twine, Stampin' Up buttons subtles, Papermania adhesive gems

12 comments:

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Love the colourful background that you have created with the DSP. Thanks for joining us at CTC.

Glenda said...

You have created such a lovely card here! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Heidi Baks said...

Fun color combination! What a great job stepping out of your comfort zone. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Cynthia said...

Such a fun card with the color combo and the fun feathers! Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Unknown said...

As you already know (pop over to Colour Me...!) I just LOVE this card :) Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us this week at CASE-ing the Catty! Sure hope you will be back to play along again next week!!!

creative lady said...

Beautiful colors and love the card. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

This is such a fun, "punchy" color combo! The feathers are fabby, too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Unknown said...

Love the colors.
Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

AB. said...

The orange, Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay work perfectly together! Great card! Thanks for playing with us at CTC this week. :)

Anonymous said...

Just love the bright cheerfulness of your card and I can never resist cute feathers! Thanks for joining us this week at CASEing the Catty!

wendipooh13 said...

love the colors and the feathers!! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Gloria Stengel said...

Well you colored outside your comfort zone very well. I adore the button with the twine and feathers! Thanks for joining the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!