Friday 3 April 2015

Happy Birthday from the Savanna


So far today I have baked a bread that turned out to be slightly underbaked in the middle, and a coffee cake where all the filling oozed out before baking. Oh well, it's all cool, as my Sis is coming for a visit today and we are heading off to Ely for a visit to the fabulous Peacock's Tearoom. I've been once before and I was thoroughly impressed both by the tea, the food and the super friendly service (by the way, they don't even know I exist, much less pay me anything to say nice things about them, this is just my opinion which I want to share). I am to cook a roast dinner tomorrow for six, and based on today's performance it will probably turn out a complete disaster. Oh well, we have meats and cheeses which we can dig into if it all turns sour. There are still several glorious work-free days to enjoy, and that's the main thing! If only the sun would show up at some point that would be great.

Today's card is inspired by the colours over at Color Throwdown and the sketch over at Retro Sketches. I didn't quite know what to do with this colour combo, and was going to skip it altogether but as I was cleaning my craft room (and that took a good while, trust me there, friends....) the lovely Critters on the Savanna caught my eye, and the rest as they say is history. Given that these colours were completely alien to me, I'm quite proud of how it turned out in the end. I was also inspired by the Birthday theme over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge, they are celebrating six years of challenges. That's a lot longer than I have been making cards, so Happy Birthday Wednesday challenge, here's to many many more!! I also want to congratulate The Challenge on their one year anniversary by linking up with their Anything Goes challenge. Last but not least I'm also linking up at Crafty Creations Challenge where Anything Goes.


Card: 300 gsm white card, Tim Holtz Core'dinations Aged Mahogany, Hobbycraft 160 gms white card
Paper: Stampin' Up Designer Series Paper Pattern Stack Brights, Lawn Fawn Let's Polka
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters on the Savanna and matching dies
Ink: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink
Colouring: Copics E09, YG02, Y13, Y15, Y19
Other: Lawn Fawn stitched rectangle dies, Stampin' Up Hello You die

5 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Love the rich and gorgeous color combo! The design is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Happy Birthday” Challenge!

Joan Ervin said...

What an awesome design with the tilted panel and the super cute images!! Love your divided sentiment, too!!! Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is tons of FUN and brings SMILES!!

Thanks for joining us at The Challenge on our Anniversary Linky Party Celebration! Sure hope that you join us again for a BRAND NEW exciting challenge tomorrow! -YAY!!!

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm so happy you tackled the "alien" colors because your card is fabulous! :-) Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Lesley said...

Great use of colour and the design is fun. Thank you for joining us at The Challenge!