Thursday 16 April 2015

Quick Love You card


Stampin' Up are selling lots of stuff from their Christmas cattie in the Clearance rack for a very nice price. I couldn't resist getting a few stamp sets I wanted but didn't get around to buying along with a few DSPs. I very rarely pay full price for DSPs, and I am known to go a bit crazy at the Stampin' Up sales. 

I couldn't wait to try my new goodies, and as it happened I had a present for my Culinary Consultant so I wanted to create a card to go with it. However, I knew I only had a short while to create a card before he got home from work. So I went for the gorgeous Seasonally Scattered Love stamp and inked it in Real Red and Strawberry slush. To finish the card, I die cut the "you" using a die from the Hello You set from a scrap piece of kraft card. I used a marker to draw the frame around the card. It probably didn't take more than 5 minutes to make this card, and I think it turned out quite nice, I really like it. I think from time to time I will try to make a quickie card, they are quite refreshing!

I was inspired by the following challenges:
Addicted to Stamps - Photo Inspiration (I went with the colour scheme and the clean white feel of the image, also I think the way the clocks are scattered on the wall, a bit like the dots and hearts in the stamp I used)
CASology - Sweet 
Crafty Creations - Seeing Spots
Shopping Our Stash - Lost and Found (the Baked Brown Sugar marker I used for this card was literally lost and found as I had to turn my craft room upside down to find the pack of markers with the Stampin' Up Seasonal colours. After searching for a while, I almost thoght I had only imagined buying those markers (sometimes I think I have some crafting stuff which in fact I don't but keep seeing online so my brain thinks I have it) but in the end I managed to find them)




Card: 300 gsm white card
Stamps: Stampin' Up Seasonally Scattered
Ink: Stampin Up Real Red, Strawberry Slush, Stampin' Write marker Baked Brown Sugar
Other: Stampin' Up Hello You die

10 comments:

Deborah Frings said...

I do like your take on the photo. Perfectly clean and simple. Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

sandie said...

What a fab stamo and the die cut you is the perfect combo.
Gorgeous crisp and clean card x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

What a fabulous CAS and elegant card.
So beautiful and a perfect sentiment.
thanks for playing along at ATSM.

maria f. said...

That is one cool stamp. Love it stamped in that red.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Great take on the inspiration photo! Cool stamp you got yourself there! Thanks for linking up with us at ATSM!

Ardyth said...

Love the idea of all the little red dots being candy sprinkles (at least that's how I see it!) So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Ardyth! I see candy dots too! Beautifully done! Thanks for sharing this sweet creation with us at CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Super sweet and lovely CAS!

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful card and such a great use of the "lost and found" markers! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week! :)

Chana Malkah said...

Very pretty CAS design! So glad you found your markers. Those are the kinds of things that can drive you cray, cray! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT