Sunday 5 June 2016

Double stamping CAS card


Hiya peeps, have you been enjoying the weekend? The summer seems to have returned at least for the time being so that's great. I've spent the weekend helping my sister move - she has way too much stuff, let me tell you! So unfortunately I haven't had any time to spend in the craft room this weekend. This combined with the fact that I've had a total crazy week at work means that I can't even remember when I last would have created anything. Therefore I'm sharing a card I made a while ago, but I really like it so I thought it deserves a post.

For this card, I started by stamping the gorgeous STAMPlorations French Marigold Large in black Memento ink. Then I created a reverse mask by stamping the flower onto a piece of trash paper and cut out the flower to create a mask. I then used the mask to stamp various stamps from Mixed Media Elements to "colour" the flower. To create the sentiment, I stamped various parts of sentiments from Bloom Sketches and Sugar Rush in a slightly unusual layout for added interest. Last, I splattered some ink and added three tiny rhinestones for that final touch.

I am linking up with the following challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Monochrome
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Mask It
Addicted to Stamps - Flower

Card: 300 gsm hammered card
Stamps: STAMPlorations French Marigold Large, Mixed Media Elements, Bloom Sketches, Sugar Rush
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink Victorian Velvet, Spun Sugar, Abandoned Coral, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black
Other: Adhesive gems from my stash

3 comments:

cheiron said...

CAS and just lovely! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog :)

debby4000 said...

Love you fabulous card, great idea to double stamp.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Marlies said...

A beautiful card, very elegant and with a lovely design. I like the way you stamped your flower too, a good idea! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies