Thursday 16 June 2016

June STAMPlorations CAS Challenge - Mid-month inspiration



Welcome to our mid-month inspiration post for the STAMPlorations June CAS challenge which as usual is Anything Goes and our optional colour twist is blue. The DT is again brimming with inspiration to show off some gorgeous products from STAMPlorations. Remember that you don't have to use STAMPlorations products to take part, but if you have any we always love to see them used. You can take part up to three times, and a randomly picked winner will win a $10 gift card to the STAMPlorations shop ($15 if you use STAMPlorations products on your entry). The DT will also pick favourites who get a badge to display on their blog. All you have to do is create a CAS card, and optionally use the colour twist. We also ask that you display the challenge badge on your blog post and link back to the main challenge page to let others join in the fun.


For my card I used the gorgeous Lotus Love stamp set. I love this set as it's so versatile. This time I started by stamping and masking in Versafine Onyx Black and then coloured in the scene with my Faber Castell watercolour pencils. I selected a sentiment from Blossom Overture and stamped it in Versafine. Last, I spritzed some blue ink onto the background, as it looked a bit too white and I thought it looks a bit like it's raining. 

I'm linking up with the following challenges:
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Crafting From the Heart - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Our Crafty Corner - Anything Goes
Addicted to Stamps - Flower

Card: White 300 gms textured card
Stamps: STAMPlorations Lotus Love and Blossom Overture
Ink and Colouring: Versafine Onyx Black, Faber Castell Albrecht Dürer watercolour pencils

Disclaimer: I have received some STAMPlorations products for free in exchange for creating cards for the challenge. All opinions however are completely my own. As you can see by browsing my blog, I have been using STAMPlorations products (which I bought myself) way before my time on the DT and I wouldn't recommend them unless I absolutely loved them myself.

5 comments:

Ksenija @Sweet Kobylkin said...

Karola, what a great scene you created with these water lillies. Love that set too, I should play more with it. - Sweet Kobylkin

Unknown said...

So pretty thank you for joining us at Our Crafty Corner. Helen DT

Donna Ellis said...

Very pretty water lilies, and incredible water technique! Beautiful, and such a cheerful yet gentle get well card! Thanks for joining us in the {Our Crafty Corner Challenge}! Hope to see more of your pretty projects again soon! Please check back to see if you are a winner!

crafty hugs,
de
P.S. I'd love for you stop by my personal blog to say hello if you have a chance. Thanks!
{Creative Smiles}

Alma said...

Your waterlilys are so wonderful! A perfect summer card. Thanks for playing with us at Addicted to Stamps Challenge, Hugs Alma

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Debbs xxx