Sunday 1 October 2017

Christmas Is Coming...



Well, it's dark outside and days are getting shorter (and sadly it's getting impossible to find enough daylight for card photography...). That can only mean one thing - Christmas is coming! Forget your pumpkin spice lattes and yellow leaves, and start panicking. As usual, despite the promises you made to yourself, you didn't start your Christmas card crafting in the summer. By now, you thought you would be finished with the little buggers. And by you, I mean me (and maybe also you?). 

I have to admit, I'm not much of a Christmas person, apart from the food. The only Christmas decorations we have in our house is a table runner with elves and some fairy lights in the living room. We haven't had a Christmas tree for at least the last three or four years (all those pine needles around the house...) And every year I try (and fail) to inspire my family to a Christmas without presents. There are no kids in the family, so my logic is that all we need is good food and a chance to rest and relax. But as a card crafter, I do feel the responsibility to send out home-made cards. After all, wasn't that how we all (well, me at least...) justified this hobby - "This way I won't ever have to spend money on cards ever again". Well, true, I'm not spending £5 on that pack of Christmas cards. Instead, I spend hundreds of £s all year long. That worked out great, didn't it?

I was inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches and the Reindeer theme over at Crimbo Crakers. I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where Anything goes. Getting there, one card at a time!


Card: White 250 gsm card, Neenah Solar white, scrap of black card
Patterned paper: Lawn Fawn Let's Bokeh In The Snow, Perfectly Plaid Christmas
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Toboggan Together and matching dies, Christmas Unicorn
Ink and colouring: Tsukneko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Forest Border Die, Stitched Nesting Circles, Everyday Banners, Stitched Rectangle, Merry Christmas Border

5 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what an adorable Christmas card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Marjorie DUMONTIER said...

This is such an adorable card !!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet card! Love the red against the blue background! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Timko said...

An adorable little Chrismas scene! Love your coloring! So glad you joined us at FMS!!

Jen Brum said...

What an amazing card! I love that little dear and you colouring is fabulous! Love the bright colours! Thanks for joining us this week at FMS!