Saturday 14 October 2017

Just Us Girls GDT - Peek-A-Boo card


It's Saturday and that means a new challenge over at Just Us Girls. I had a great time enjoying all the inspiration in the gallery last week. I hope you will enjoy this week's challenge, it's a fun technique challenge to create either a window or peek-a-boo card. There are some technique videos you can watch for inspiration   



When I thought of a window card, I immediately thought of happy puppies waiting at home by the window for you to come home. That must be the most heartwarming sight to come home to! I first tried to make the curtains from ribbon but that didn't work at all, so I used the Lawn Fawn Gingham Backdrops stamp instead and it turned out much better. I added some flowers from Gleeful Garden, and a few colourful butterflies. 



Card: 250 gsm white card, Neenah Solar White card, kraft card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters at the Dog Park and matching dies, Gleeful Garden and matching dies, Claire's ABC, Gingham Backdrops, Stampin' Up Hardwood
Ink and colouring: Stampin' Up Chocolate Chip, Real Red, Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics
Other: Lawn Fawn Stitched Square Stackables, Stitched Scalloped Borders 

5 comments:

Ina G said...

I absolutely love this card Karola. So cute and colourful. Love the sentiment on the inside. Sums it up perfectly.

Nancy said...

This card is adorable! Love the gingham curtains and those cute puppy dogs! Great job this week Karola!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Your 2 dogs are so adorable! I just love your coloring too

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your little dogs are so cute peeking out of the window! Beautiful coloring. I love the addition of the gingham curtains, too.

Judy Woodland said...

This is so stinkin' cute. I love those little doggies, looking out of the window. Great take on the challenge, and thanks for the links to the videos. Such a pleasure to have you with us this month.