Tuesday 10 October 2017

Pop-Up Reindeer


I've been on a bit of a Lawn Fawn streak lately. I just can't resist those cute little critters and lovely dies! I dug out my Stitched Hillside Pop-Up die and made a few cards and I thought I might as well make a Christmas card as well while I'm at it. So I got out a few sets with reindeers and a Christmas card, added some ornaments and presents and there we have it. Although to create the background, I adhered small scraps of yellow card behind every star cut - let me tell you, if you need to some work-out for your patience muscles, this is what you should be doing. But I got them all done in the end.  

I had such a blast creating the background using Distress Inks and water splattering and colouring the little critters. I also used Distress Inks to colour the Christmas tree as I have learned from past experimenting that colouring the large tree with Copics just ends up looking streaky and weird, but sponging Distress Inks and adding some water splatters ends up with a much cooler look (just a hint in case you are having trouble colouring large areas with Copics - just switch to Distress inks!).


I'm linking up with Lawn Fawnatics where the challenge is Happy Little Critters, Make My Monday where the theme is Animal Antics, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Christmas and Crimbo Crackers where the theme is Reindeer.



Card: 300 gsm white card, Neenah Solar white card, scraps of yellow card
Stamps: Lawn Fawn Critters In The Snow, Critters In The Forest, Toboggan Together, Joy to the Woods and matching dies
Ink and colouring: Tsukineko Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Broken China, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire, Black Soot, Copics
Dies: Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Pop-Up, Stitched Rectangle Nesting dies, Snowy Backdrop, Forest Border die, Scripty Merry die

3 comments:

Basslady said...

what a darling card!

thank you so much for playing along with us at make my Monday!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Teresa Kline said...

this is precious, luv the adorable scene! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Nancy K said...

Love this colorful pop-up card! You created such a happy scene with all the different sets, it's perfect! Great job with the yellow stars, that takes patience that I don't have :) I'm so happy you joined us for our Happy Little Critters challenge at Lawn Fawnatics!